OpenCFD is pleased to announce the June 2016 release of OpenFOAM® v1606+.
The numbering of OpenFOAM+ releases has been updated to align with the conventions set by the ISO-8601 standard, ordered by the year and month of release. OpenFOAM-v1606+indicates 2016-June.
This release extends OpenFOAM-v3.0+ features across many areas of the code.
The purpose of OpenFOAM+ is to accelerate the public availability of new features which are sponsored by OpenCFD’s customers and contributed by the OpenFOAM community
OpenFOAM+ is distributed by OpenCFD under the GPL license as:
- Source code to be compiled on any Linux system
- Pre-compiled binary installations for Linux and Mac OS X systems
- MS Windows installer
Please refer to the download instructions to obtain the code.
The development repositories are also publicly available. These repositories are regularly updated with bug fixes and new functionality.
- New snappyHexMesh (un)refinement functionality more...
- Improved behaviour of locations in mesh more...
- Improved support for layer generation on complex face zones more...
- Improved automatic gap refinement to pick up additional features more...
- New inflow turbulence generator for LES/DES turbulent flows more...
- New flow direction changer more...
- Updated radiation boundary behaviour more...
- New multiphase VOF condensation solver more...
- New multiphase VOF solver with particles more...
- New acoustic damping functionality more...
- New noise analysis functionality more...
- New reaction sensitivity analysis function object more...
- New profiling functionality more...
- New field mapping function object more...
- New surface input and output more...
- Coupled point synchronisation: corrected for points that are present on multiple coupled patches commit
- Arbitrarily Coupled Mesh Interface (ACMI): improved mass conservation, supported by checkMesh merge #46
- Apply boundary layer: corrected processor patch values issue #69
Includes all Foundation code changes to commit level 449a9ec 21-04-2016
OpenFOAM+ is produced by the core ESI-OpenCFD team
- Andrew Heather
- Mattijs Janssens
- Sergio Ferraris
- Prashant Sonakar
- Pawan Ghildiyal
- Roger Almenar
- Matej Forman
- Mark Olesen
- Sebastien Vilfayeau
- Laura Robinson
- Fred Mendonca
With wider support from the global ESI team
- ESI Group (GmbH)
- ESI Group (Pacific Mindware Engineering Pvt Ltd)
- ESI Group (North America)
- ESI Group (Nihon ESI)
And contributions from
- Bernhardt Gschaider
- Ruggero Polletto
- Mr. Y. Inoue (RIST)