OpenCFD Ltd, owner of the OpenFOAM Trademark, is a wholly owned subsidiary of ESI Group.
Our mission is to sustain the future of OpenFOAM as a highly functional, freely available and open source CFD software, offering a long-term and viable complement to CFD codes which are constrained by licence costs and multi-user, multi-processor cost inflation.
ESI-OpenCFD produces the OpenFOAM® open source CFD toolbox and distributes freely via https://www.openfoam.com/. OpenCFD Ltd was established in 2004 to coincide with the release of its OpenFOAM software under general public licence. In 2012, OpenCFD became a wholly owned subsidiary of the ESI Group following acquisition from SGI Corp (who had acquired OpenCFD in 2011).
Our team of Developers, Application Specialists, Trainers and Testers are located globally in far-east Asia, India, Europe and North America.
OpenCFD has unrivalled experience with OpenFOAM. It is the organisation that successfully develops, manages and releases the OpenFOAM software and, since 2004, has provided services to numerous science/engineering companies, consultancies and universities.
- OpenFOAM Code Development: written over half a million of lines of code.
- OpenFOAM Support: delivered tens-of-thousands of hours of support.
- OpenFOAM Training: delivered hundreds of training courses to thousands of OpenFOAM users.
- OpenFOAM Engineering Services: worldwide Engineering Services teams based in Far East Asia, India, Europe and North America.
- OpenFOAM Community: working with the OpenFOAM Community