OpenCFD Release OpenFOAM® v1706
OpenCFD is pleased to announce the June 2017 release of OpenFOAM® v1706. This release extends OpenFOAM-v1612+ features across many areas of the code. The new functionality represents development sponsored by OpenCFDs customers, internally funded developments, and integration of features and changes from the OpenFOAM community.
OpenFOAM is distributed by OpenCFD under the GPL license as:
- Source code to be compiled on any Linux system
- Pre-compiled binary installation for Linux systems
- Pre-compiled binary installation for Mac OS X systems
- MS Windows installer
- Bash on Ubuntu on Windowsfor MS Windows 10
Please refer to the download instructions to obtain the code.
The development repositories are publicly available. These repositories are regularly updated with bug fixes and new functionality.
- Help for users is provided in the user upgrade guide.
- Help for developers is provided in the developer upgrade guide.
- New overset mesh functionality more...
- New iso-surface-based interface capturing functionality more...
- Improved second order restart more...
Solvers and Physical models
- New lumped point Fluid Structure Interaction (FSI) functionality more...
- New solver for low Mach number flows more...
- New fvOption to simulate Joule Heating more...
- Updated time step controls more...
- New wave generation models more...
- Updated ParaView and VTK functionality more...
- New Curle acoustic analogy more...
- Updated wall-bounded streamlines more...
- Improved support for time in function objects more...
- Updated noise model processing - multiple file processing more...
- Command-line bash completion more...
- Changes to shell configuration more...
- Changes to parallel MPI configuration more...
- Restructured community repositories more...
- Incorporates all relevant Foundation code changes to commit level d2a62df7 26-04-2017 - with some additional ad-hoc fixes
- IHCantabria wave generation and absorption models more...
- CFD Sofwtare E+F GmbH solver for low Mach number flows more...
OpenFOAM is produced by the core ESI-OpenCFD team
- Andrew Heather
- Mattijs Janssens
- Sergio Ferraris
- Prashant Sonakar
- Pawan Ghildiyal
- Roger Almenar
- Matej Forman
- Mark Olesen
- Sebastien Vilfayeau
- Bjorn Landmann
- Karen Kettle
- Fred Mendonca
With wider support from the global ESI team
- ESI Group (GmbH)
- ESI Group (ESI Software (India) Private Limited)
- ESI Group (North America)
- ESI Group (Nihon ESI)
And contributions from
- The Environmental Hydraulics Institute IHCantabria
- CFD Software E+F GmbH