GUI Driven: Visual-CFD for OpenFOAM
This course introduces users to Visual-CFD, which is module of Visual-Environment for OpenFOAM. Visual-CFD is an intuitive user interface for OpenFOAM® and snappyHexMesh at enterprise level. The tool reduces human effort and error while dealing with OpenFOAM® and makes user’s life much easier. Visual-CFD is part of ESI’s Visual-Environment platform, which is a single integrated user environment that caters to the engineering simulation needs across major industries and trades.
Some of the most popular applications/physics supported with Visual-CFD are:
Radiation and Solar Load
Conjugate Heat Transfer
Multiphase and Overset
Discrete Phase Modelling
- Introduction to the Visual-Environment platform and Visual-CFD
- Hands-on session, which will be covering various aspects of the tool such as CAD clean-up, Meshing, Case setup, Solving and Post-processing
- Live experience of working with different types of physics, e.g. isothermal, heat transfer, multiphase, discrete phase modeling etc.
- Automation using macros, which can further reduce user’s manual effort for setting up similar cases.
- External Aerodynamic case
- Propeller/fan modeling using Multiple Reference Frame (MRF)
- Duct with fan-curve and Arbitrary Mesh Interface (AMI)
- Climate control simulation including porous media and heat source
- Fluid separator to demonstrate Volume of Fluid (VoF) simulation
- Electronic equipment cooling, Conjugate Heat Transfer (CHT)
OpenFOAM USB stick
Participants undertake exercises in simulating cases in OpenFOAM on desktop PCs running a live OpenFOAM/Linux installation, which is provided on a USB memory stick. Participants may alternatively boot this live installation of OpenFOAM on their personal laptops if they wish — see “requirements for bootable USB stick” for further details. Participants keep the USB memory stick at the end of the course.
A high-quality booklet is provided with each course that participants can use during the course and can later work through in their own time.
The language used in all OpenFOAM courses is English. Translations or delivery in French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and Korean languages are available on request.
The course is 1 day in duration and usually runsstarting from 09.00 to 17.30 (local time).
The Visual-CFD course is suitable for beginner/new userss and existingexperienced users who ares seeking to take advantage of GUI-driven processes.
No prior experience of OpenFOAM or programming is required.