Meet the OpenFOAM developers, support and training team from ESI-OpenCFD to find out how to get the most out of OpenFOAM at the showcase event for OpenFOAM v2.2, released 6th March 2013.
- Where and When
- 24-26 April 2013, Frankfurt, Germany, see Event Details.
- Pricing and Registration
- See the Event Registration Page.
- Day 1, Plenary Session
- The Agenda for day 1 is confirmed with an address
from ESI CEO, Dr Alain de Rouvray and keynote presentations
- Dr. Ralph Sundermeier, Volkswagen AG;
- Dr. Georg Skillas, Evonik Industries.
The current status and future direction of OpenFOAM will be described in presentations by:
- Mr. Henry Weller, Creator of OpenFOAM and Chief Scientist, ESI-OpenCFD;
- Dr. Chris Greenshields, Director of Operations and OpenFOAM Product Manager, ESI-OpenCFD;
- Mr. Mattijs Janssens, Senior Developer, ESI-OpenCFD;
- Mr. Anshul Gupta, Product Manager, CFD/Multiphysics, ESI Group.
- Day 2, Parallel Sessions
- We will have 3 parallel sessions for specific industries,
e.g. Automotive, Energy, Chemical, Built Environment, Medical, Marine),
hosted by OpenFOAM developers and users. The current list of presenters
- Andrew Heather, ESI-OpenCFD, on OpenFOAM in the Automotive Industry;
- Fabian Braennstroem, Bombardier Transportation GmbH, on OpenFOAM for Railway Vehicle Applications;
- Francesco Del Citto, Sauber Motorsport AG, on External Aerodynamics in Formula 1 Racing;
- Mark Doroudian, ESI Group, on Aero-Acoustics;
- Carsten Othmer, Volkswagen AG, on Adjoint Methods;
- Christof Hinterberger, Faurecia Emissions Control Technologies, on Adjoint for Industrial Applications;
- Jens Supper, Behr Group, on Using OpenFOAM as a Solver Plugin;
- Rob Lewis, TotalSim, on OpenFOAM for Motorsport and Olympic Sport Applications;
- Yi Wang, FM Global, on Building Fires;
- Tom Fahner, Actiflow B.V., on Mixing in a Food Tank;
- Talib Dbouk, MINES-ParisTech, on non-Brownian Suspensions of hard spheres.
- Maria Jose Nieves Remancha, MIT, on Two-Phase Flow in an Advanced-Flow Reactor;
- Soeren Werner, Zuercher Hochschule fuer Angewandte Wissenschaften, on Bioreactor Development and Optimisation.
- Georg Skillas, Evonik Industries, on Multiphase Flows.
- Kamil Kwiatkowski, Warsaw University, on Flexible Biomass Gasification.
- Eugene Devilliers, Engys, on Shape Optimisation and Aerodynamics Loads for Airship Docking.
- Michael Buchmayer, Andritz, on Fully Implicit Block-Coupled Sovlers.
- Reddy Devalapalli, Lloyd’s Register Group, on Tank Sloshing in Ships.
- Hisham El Safti, TU Braunschweig, on Fluid-Structure-Soil Interaction.
- Oleg Gulinsky, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, on Hydrodynamics for Yacht Design.
- Marcus Rehm, AREVA, on Test Facility Power Upgrading with Jet Pumps.
- Francesco Marra, Instituto di Ricerche sulla Combustione, on Particle Segregation in Slagging Entrained-Flow Coal Gasifiers.
- Oliver Gloth, Engits, on Combined Polyhedral-Prismatic Meshing.
- Markus Schmid, Nuremberg Institute of Technology, on Validation of OpenFOAM with Experiments.
- Day 3, Lessons in OpenFOAM
- The OpenFOAM Development and Training
teams will give some talks on useful topics around OpenFOAM
- New features in OpenFOAM 2.2;
- Tips and tricks with OpenFOAM;
- Flexible case setup;
- Important CFD principles revealed;
- New developments and their benefits.